The Best Sweetness & Spicy Beef Jerky

Jerky lovers, expect no further! This is THE BEST beef jerky recipe on the internet, I would bet my life on it! I worked really hard on this recipe until I got it just right, and DAMN it is goooooood.

I'k not kidding when I say this is the all-time jerky recipe. I've sold and shipped hundreds of bags of this hasty to friends and family over the last couple of years, and I came and then close to starting my ain jerky business. Unfortunately, there are TONS of regulations on selling beef, so I gave upwards on the thought. Simply I really experience like people demand to endeavor this jerky, then I am giving abroad my recipe in its entirety! No secret ingredients withheld. As long as you lot have a dehydrator and some patience, you're nigh to bless your home with the world's most addictive jerky.

On a scale from i-10, I would rate this at an 8 for the average person in regards to spice level.The heat is from the habanero peppers and crushed cerise pepper. To make it less spicy, just reduce the amount. I take some friends that actually request it to be fifty-fifty spicier, then I'll add some cayenne pepper into the crushed cherry chili that goes on the hasty correct before dehydrating.

What is the best cut of meat for beef hasty?

Equally with most things, this answer depends on preference. I accept tried making jerky with at to the lowest degree five different cuts of beefiness, and my favorite has been eye of round.

Leaner meat is e'er better for making jerky. This is because too much marbling (fat) will cause the jerky to spoil faster. But if you're planning to terminate your jerky within a few days, a petty more marbling is ok with this recipe!

Fat tends to stay tough during the dehydration process, and that's another reason why we avoid it. However, citric juices can help to pause down the fat enzymes and make them more tender and palatable. My marinade has orange and grapefruit juice, and I have tried it on a cut that had more fat in it than usual. It still turned out so adept! Simply remember that it still doesn't rectify the issue of freshness. Yous must stop the jerky within a few days or it will spoil.

All-time cuts to try:

  • Eye of round– most tender and my favorite cut. It is inexpensive, has very little to no fat, and is easy to cutting/consume with or confronting the grain.

  • Lesser round– the least tender of the rounds. Tends to have more than marbling in it than the other rounds, simply it is nonetheless a good cutting of meat for hasty.

  • Top round– very similar to lesser circular only has less marbling.

  • Sirloin tip– extremely lean only not as tender as middle of round, and it tin be pricey.

  • Flank steak– very lean and flavorful, but information technology tin be tough if sliced with the grain. Also a bit pricey.

Equipment needed:

Dehydrator– I apply my Elechomes dehydrator when I am making 10 lbs or more at a time. It is on the pricier side of dehydrators, simply information technology can fit A LOT of product and is completely adjustable. With this i, it ordinarily takes about 8 hours to brand this jerky.

If I am making less than x lbs, I similar to utilise my Presto dehydrator. It works a lot faster (only 4 i/2 hours) but it cannot hold a lot of product and it is not temperature adjustable. It is also less than one/3 the toll of the Elechomes dehydrator.

  • If you lot don't have a dehydrator-Y'all can use your oven if the temperature settings go as low at 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Hang the beefiness strips on the wire racks in your oven and use a wooden spoon to keep the oven door slightly ajar for air apportionment. I personally have not tried doing this, but a few of my followers have commented that this method worked for them.

Meat slicer- You don't need a meat slicer to brand jerky, but this is one of my favorite kitchen tools! It looks pretty impressive to take one of these, and if yous're a family that loves to brand shabu or Korean bbq at home, information technology can save you coin on sliced meats. The one I use is the OSTBA meat slicer. It is compact, easy to apply/accept apart/clean, and very affordable.

  • If you don't have a meat slicer- you lot tin enquire your butcher to slice the meat for you (I recommend 1/4 inch thick), or you can partially freeze the meat for an hr so that it is easier to slice past hand.

Spotter how to make it

The BEST Sweet & Spicy Beef Jerky

Ingredients

  • x lbs middle of circular beef fat cap removed
  • 2 tbsp crushed red pepper

Seasoning

  • 2 tbsp onion pulverisation
  • 2 tbsp garlic pulverization
  • four tsp blackness pepper

Marinade

  • 5 habanero peppers or jalapenos for milder version
  • 2 cups low sodium soy sauce
  • 2 cups chocolate-brown sugar
  • one/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • two/three cup balsamic vinegar
  • ane/ii cup fresh orange juice
  • one/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
  • 1 tbsp liquid fume
  • 2 tbsp crushed crimson pepper

Instructions

  • Partially freeze the beef for about i hour. Slice it against the grain nearly 1/4 inch thick, or you lot can ask your butcher to slice information technology for y'all.

  •  Season both sides of the beef slices and refrigerate for 3 hours.

  • Mix all the marinade ingredients except the habaneros.

  • Blend the habaneros with ane/four cup of the marinade until shine, then add together it dorsum and mix again.

  • Pour over the seasoned beefiness and thoroughly massage the marinade into it.

  • Marinate in the fridge for 24 hours.

  • Line up your beef on the dehydrator and sprinkle the residual of the crushed crimson pepper on pinnacle.

  • Set the temp to 160 degrees Fahrenheit. The fourth dimension will depend on your dehydrator. I have several, and they all take a different amount of time despite being set to the same temperature. Information technology volition typically take anywhere between 4-eight hours. You will accept to keep an centre on it during this time.

  • The hasty is washed once you can agree information technology horizontally and it stays perfectly directly. Some other way to tell it is done is by ripping it with the grain- yous will see some white stringy stuff in the center.

  • Let it cool down completely before storing in an airtight container for one 24-hour interval before eating. Y'all do non accept to wait if you don't desire to, but after a day the jerky will develop a nice glaze and incredible flavor.Cut into small strips against the grain for easy & mess gratuitous snacking.

This Post Has 4 Comments

  1. Jenny

    How exercise I shop leftovers? And for long exercise they terminal?

    1. Y'all tin can store in an air tight container for upward to two weeks at room temperature or 1 month in the refrigerator. It could probably become fifty-fifty longer than that, but I'm not sure considering the hasty never lasts too long in my home. Information technology is usually all gone inside the first week!

  2. Joy

    5 stars
    Oh my GOD Stella!! I fabricated this for my family and they ate all of information technology in ane sitting! I also bought the dehydrator you used 😊 this recipe is HOT FIRE!! I will be making this jerky for the rest of my life. Thank y'all!

    1. Hi Joy, thank you so much for making it! I'thou glad your family liked it 🙂

Latest Recipes

Traditional Carnitas (Mexican Pork Confit)

Carnitas is United mexican states's version pulled pork, slow cooked in lard (pork confit) with traditional Mexican flavors. When done right, this dish is tender & moist on the within, and crispy on

Al Pastor

Al pastor is slowly becoming one of my get to's when ordering tacos now. I am firmly against eating pineapple with anything savory, but I've fabricated an exception for al pastor.

Authentic Mexican Rice (Arroz Rojo)

Mexican Rice, or arroz rojo, is a staple in Mexican cuisine! It is a red rice that is cooked in chicken stock and love apple juice, which gives it that beautiful cerise

Stella Navarro-Kim

Content Creator & Bartender

Hi, I'yard Stella! I come up from a multicultural background, and learning how to melt has been one of the best ways for me to stay connected to my heritage. I truly believe that anyone tin can melt as long as they have the passion to larn. Thank you for being here!

Stella Navarro-Kim

Never miss a recipe!

Sign up to receive new recipes direct to your inbox